I got introduced to serums as I was looking for something that could help address my dry, flaky and dull-looking skin. At the time I didn’t realize what’s causing this lack- luster complexion that made getting ready in the morning a frustrating experience. Flakes of dry skin became more pronounced with the application of foundation and loose setting powders. Forget about the highlighters - they just highlight the crepey- ness. Then serums came to the rescue!
Serums are effective delivery mechanisms that target specific skin concerns such as hyperpigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles, hydration, exfoliation, or acne. They contain polyphenols, antioxidants, essential fatty acids, anti-aging and moisturizing properties that can have impressive impact on your skin. Do you know that there are 5 different kinds of serums:
- Oil Serums contain high-end oils that are fast-absorbing, so they don’t feel greasy or sit on top of your skin. Our Superfood PhytoActives Serum is exactly this. It contains biologically active super-antioxidants, adaptogens, and essential fatty acids for longer-lasting cellular repair and protection.
- Gel Serums provide a lifting and tightening feel on the skin and deliver all the benefits of a serum. Our Gold Standard Serum is the ultimate path to youthful and elegant skin. Featuring 2.5% Retinol from Sea Fennel extract with a synergistic blend of bioactive ingredients, it is the gold standard when it comes to skin rejuvenation, which must be part of your daily routine.
- Water-Based Serums are like Gel Serums but with fewer thickeners or none at all. They contain hydrosols for toning, balancing and soothing effect; humectants to help serum to be absorbed in your skin; and high-performing botanical extracts to address specific skin concerns.
- Emulsion Serums are truly high performance delivery mechanisms to get actives deep down into the skin’s tissues. The blend of oil and water, forming the emulsion, not only creates deep moist but also does an impressive job of strengthening skin’s barrier function and addressing targeted skin concerns. Our Celestial Luminosity Serum is categorized as emulsion serum. It is a comprehensive formulation of highly potent matrix of skin brighteners for luminous and radiant skin.
- Pressed Balms Serums take a solid form of serums using butters and waxes. They provide the same benefits of a typical serum and leverage the occlusive properties of the balm to seal in the benefits of the serums.
There you have it! Now you can make your choice on the right form of serum that suits you. Remember less is more when it comes to serum application, as they are highly concentrated and potent.